Delegates from the Chinese PLA General Hospital (PLAGH) visited the University of St Andrews to sign a memorandum of agreement with the University, the Biomedical Sciences Research Complex and the School of Medicine with a view to offering student exchanges and scientific collaborations.
The PLAGH, also known as Beijing 301 Hospital, is the largest teaching hospital in Beijing and was ranked as the best hospital in China in 2016.
It was established in 1953 by the government and administrated by the civilian army system.
The hospital is open to the public and currently has 6000 patients’ beds, 125 clinical, medical and technological departments, and 12,000 staff.
The Hospital has annual volumes of more than 3.8 million outpatient visits, over 110,000 admissions and more than 65,000 operations.
Top: Professor Garry Taylor (front row third from right), Deputy Principal and Master of the United College, Professor Brad MacKay (front row far left), Vice-Principal (International Strategy & External Relations), Professor Malcolm White (front row second from right) of the BSRC’s School of Biology and Wei Lin (front row far right), Senior Education Liaison Officer in Admissions, are pictured with delegates from PLAGH
Right: Professor Guoquan Ren, President of the Chinese PLA General Hospital and Chinese PLA Medical College, shakes hands with the Master following the signing of the Memorandum of Agreement
Issued by the University of St Andrews Communications Office. Contact Steve Bargeton on 01334 467310/01334 462530/07802 376 860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.University news